Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SXR Freeride guy

Hey all here's my build thus far

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=86898

far as I know one of the only canucks to be building and SXR in Alberta right now.. anybody else?
    06 SXR Freeride Machine.

PWC
    Superjet

Welcome to the forum jMike

nice ski, i rode an sxr with a wetpipe and was very impressed at how strong that 800 motor is. welcome to the board and enjoy the upcoming ride season.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

Its turned into a little more $$ than originally planned but still cheap in comparison to a couple of my buddies 30K + snow machines.. plus the ladies like to hang out by the beach not freezing in the rockies.. that K.O 'ed that argument asap...

I have a group of about 5 who free ride in AB, but mostly 750s and 550s
    Planning a trip stateside to pick up some Superjets in the next year or two.
    06 SXR Freeride Machine.

Here in our town of Dunnville there is me, steve, and dave that have superjets. My buddy Jimmy lives in hamilton but leaves his limited mod 550 at the shack, he only rides 3 times a year. a couple other guys in town are supposed to be getting some superjets but i don't think it will happen, one guy is salvaging an old 750 of mine that got blown up by one of his buddies. there are more guys that freeride in surrounding areas that we make day trips to ride with. It hasn't been cheap for me over the past 6-7 years that i have been riding but its something i don't mind spending money on. Have you been on a superjet yet or just the kawi 550, 750, 800's? They are still quite abit different again from any of those skis.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

Just a square nose 701 with poor tuning.. It felt heavy / under powered but I'm sure the buddy who has it doesn't have a clue.. you have to really scrounge for a stand up here in AB unless u want an SXR.. I love mine, great dual purpose boat (free ride/buoys) it needs a serious diet.. I'm talking with Bobby from trinity composites to build some 6lb hoods and some of the the boys down south have given me some idea how to reasonably obtain that 300 -310 lb mark.

Glue removal
    take all the non-essential metal and brackets from the hood / compartments
    5lb battery
    Pipe
    Water box
    UMI kit
    internal fuel filler
    run a scupper and remove the internal exhaust
    comp ride plate

or a light hull..

I'm not sure how far to go on this.. if i could hit the 320 mark (similar to a 750) i would be happy.. or at least keep the center of gravity low with the hood. But it will ruin what makes the SXR great.... the weight.. it keeps it in the water to carve turns... The SJ will always be a better FS boat but the SXR / Hydros will dominate the buoys..

I just want mine to meet in the middle somewhere
    06 SXR Freeride Machine.

yes those sxr's handle amazing, i always loved the way my sxi with tubbies carved too. i miss that with the superjet. I like the weight of the superjet though, i can see that it is really the only thing bad about the sxr. if you could get that hood it would be sweet. shorten your pole or get an aftermarket one. All the little things combined will make a difference. Trinity composites sounds like a great company for all the sxr freestyle guys looking to shed some lbs. I just finished weighing all the diet stuff i removed from my ski from last season. it is 20 lbs. i added a few pounds to fiberglass some stuff up. Actually i cut 3" off the end of my hull and dug out alot more wet foam that got in from my bond lines. i am guessing that i am at the 280 lbs range right now. how far to go with a project is always the problem. i knew i had some wet foam in the hull and i wanted to shorten the hull too. just had to get the motivation to start. loosing weight is like making hp. i can feel the difference on my ski already with just the little time ive been out this season. all this work to an ugly Squarenose, someday i will buy a 70lbs carbon hull from 24/7. someday.....
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

PWC
    2006 SXR

I'm too broke to build mine up right now, however would like to add some mods one day! I usually ride in southern Alberta.

Well if you can't mod it up you still get to ride the crap outta it. Thats the best part of it anyways...riding. I can't wait to get back out on the water. hows the weather in alberta? Saturday is supposed to be 13 degrees wohoo!
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

PWC
    2006 SXR

Crap man if it ever stops snowing I'll get to ride, last year from the day I bought the ski until September 30th I didn't miss a single weekend at the lake. Today it's about 0 just stopped snowing.