Default Is insurance mandatory for PWC's in Ontario??

Hey all, I'm looking at purchasing an old (1991) seadoo to play around with on those hot days, and I am just trying to get my ducks in order in terms for legalities and such. I'm totally new to this pwc/boat game, and I was wondering if insurance is mandatory in Ontario, and if so, what kind of insurance and where abouts would I look for it?

Other than that I need my pleasurecraft operator card, ownership of seadoo, and license for the thing, right?

Also, does anyone have any ball park figures on what it might be? I'm 22 with a clean record if it helps.

Thanks so much!

Insurance is not Mandatory, but recommended, especially if you're going to ride on a busy lake/river. Ball park, around 200-400/year.
    On the water, you need PFD, Safety kit, Extinguisher, Vessel License, Operator's Card, and yourself.
    If you are buying one, Enjoy

Thanks for the response!
    Do you know what companies I might contact to get a quote? I know my auto insurance company does not insure anything other then cars, so I need a place that would be willing to give me a standalone quote. THanks!

Got a quote for $402 taxes in from marine expert. Liability only.
    A little more then I wanted to spend, but a lot cheaper then a couple mil if god forbid something happens.

402 is expensive for Liability only..

Do you have any suggestions on where else to call?

pwc.insurancebroker.ca/
    Just one of many. I am insured through my Car company (State Farm), but many others out there. Google is the way to go

Hmm I filled out an online quote from them but never heard anything back. My car and 4 wheeler companies (two different companies) both told me they do not do stand alone PWC policys. I guess I'll have to get the phone book out and do it the old fashioned way. IF you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying?

Default Try these guys....

You might want to check out premiermarine dot com. I was able to get insurance at about two thirds of what my buddy pays for the same machine ('05 RXT) from Marine Expert. Good luck!