Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default hey guys, this is my first post.. looking to buy a sea doo

so im in the market for a seadoo, cant wait to get on the water, i have always wanted a seadoo, now is the time to get one, lol.. anyway i have a few in mind,i want to pull a tube with it, and just have a good time.. cant afford to buy brand new but.. here is what i have found

1997 seadoo xp
    new motor,new battery,new wear ring, easy loader trailer, looks like it is in good shape, not sure of hours,

$ 4500

or

1997 seadoo gti

5hrs on rebuilt motor, trailer, looks good shape also

$ 5200 firm

let me know what you guys think !!!!!

thanks

Default Hi there!

Rosco, I don't mean to cause any waves, however, most people these days are getting a 'bigger splash' for their buck by shopping in the U.S. and seeing your post here, thought to share that news as it has been written of in some other posts as well and you would find out later than sooner.

Look on craigs list and take some time. You can find other posts in here of people explaining how easy it wa$ and you should buy a trailer here, insure it, then go pick up your baby.

Best of luck!
    Peter

no worries, thats why i posted to see what you guys think about the ones i found, how do you find those crazy deals in the us, i never bought anything in the us like a boat, lol ill check out some if its worth it then..

welcome. i would stay away from the gti. it seems expensive for an underpowered ski. if you want a 3 seater, look for something with the 787 engine (110 hp) in a 1996-2002 gtx hull. best bang for the buck in my opinion. if you are looking for a 2 seater, an rx is a stable hull. the xp is a nice ride, but not the best for 2 people, especially if you are new to riding.

yea, i gotca the only problem is $$$$ i only got about 5000 $ max to spend on a ski, so what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by rosco
    yea, i gotca the only problem is $$$$ i only got about 5000 $ max to spend on a ski, so what do you guys think?
    5k will take you a very long way if you buy states side. Don't buy from the tropical parts of the states where they ride year round as many hours get accumulated on the ski and a lot of pounding. Best getting it where there is a winter season, this way you know it was only used seasonally.
    Good place to start gathering info and prices is on ebay. Have a look around in there and get familiar with the models/year/price.
    Make sure you take it for a ride before you buy as it is different when under load rather than kicking it over on a trailer. Always meet the buyer before closing the deal also.
    You can check back here and get more feedback from members.
    I ride alone, so prefer a small hull over a Cadillac front end. LoL

Peter

Oh, and by the way, if you put a flashy graphics package on it, it will surely give you more speed! (or apparently feel so) LoL

Rosco, have a look through this link:
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=seadoo

Also, check other areas as it's pretty well endless.

im all about the stickers, haha, funny story i just got new spark plug wires there blue, all my buddies are like man ur truck is fast now with those new plugs, i swear it makes it go faster (93 mazda b2200) haha not fast at all...

so you were saying to get a trailer here, then drive down, what do u say to customs, oh i buying a used pwc? any idea how much it is for the taxs?

thanks guys

if i was to buy a stand up? could i just throw it in the back? i got a pick up truck? im looking at a superjet and kawi in seattle area

Quote Originally Posted by rosco
    if i was to buy a stand up? could i just throw it in the back? i got a pick up truck? im looking at a superjet and kawi in seattle area
    Look up Jmaxy in here (or might he might be going by maxy) as he got a wicked deal on an RXP last year and can tell you the simple details of doing it.
    You need a bill of sale and the title document signed over I believe. Then pay the taxes and off you go.
    If it fits in your truck, all the better.
    You see, when the Americans bought their skis, the dollar had more buying power, even up to .38 more. That adds up, specially now that the dollar is down and our money has gained strength.
    You just can't loose.
    I will be getting my next ski in the states for sure as I have looked at the Canadian used prices and they are way out there.
    Ironically, that is why I will probably always keep the ski I have now and loan it to friends when I get another.