Default what do you guys think about this ski?

this will be my first ski, i was wondering what you guys think about the price, the condition of it, and whatever else you guys notice..

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/boa/384341636.html

fun ski, but i think you will want more power soon after you buy that ski. the 580 only puts out 60hp. i'd look for something newer with a 720 minimum and ideally with an 800 engine. $2200 seems a bit high as well for a 14 year old ski. just my opinion.

i also found a 97 seadoo xp for 3900 new motor, so 800 is the way to go then eh

i want to aleast pull a tube or a knee boarder, i know i wounldnt be able to pull a wakeboarder or skier with a doo that i spend 5G on

Rosco, you must have bought it cause the page reads:

"This posting has been deleted by its author".

First thing you should do after the first wash is to get a graphics package on it as soon as possible!!! LoL

www.jetskidetailing.com

oh, i didnt buy it, haha only 60hp, so i found a 96 seadoo xp for 3000 with a brand new motor, what should i look for when looking at used seadoo? dont worry i will get some cool decals for it

Quote Originally Posted by rosco
    oh, i didnt buy it, haha only 60hp, so i found a 96 seadoo xp for 3000 with a brand new motor, what should i look for when looking at used seadoo? dont worry i will get some cool decals for it
    JayZ would be the one to ask, though I would speculate that you want some service history/records, running hours on the new motor if possible, lanyard, the car, the home, his wife if she's cute etc... Just take it all! LoL

Before you pay him, watch and study the techniques in these links:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vz_YTNLn6w
    Then this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_-QcW4Q4I

Now if it works for you, I will get you to make the transaction on my next ski!!

BTW, JayZ, didn't know you were Canadian before and referred to you as J-Z in the video. Understand that you are a J's fan?

thanks guys

and i'm white too. lol

people call me jay and my last name starts with a z. not all that clever, but it works.

rocco, make sure that the engine was rebuilt by someone reputable and see if you can get a warranty with it. not likely, but worth asking. also make sure that the vts works, the gauges work etc. they are known to go on these skiis. make sure the vts boot on the ski is not damaged and has the plastic clamps on it. the metal ones will wear through the boot and leak water into the vts and motor. the vts gauge is also know to not work. the old ones get faded and the crystal is foggy. the condensation gets inside and causes the gauge to fail. the new ones are better (if you can find them).

these aren't deal breakers in my opinion, if they need to be replaced, could easily run you $400 and would be a good negotiating point. also have a look at the impellor to make sure it is not damaged. try to take it for a ride. this will be the best indicator if the ski is running properly.