Default Goin to the Gulf Islands today

Leaving from Stewart Farmhouse and going over the ocean to the Gulf Islands and then to Ganges on Salts Spring Island for a late lunch. Launching at about 11:00 am. 3 of us so far. Call me for details.
    778-858-3669 Henry

Default Gulf Islands Trip

Well I guess nobody could make it on such short notice. So only 3 of us went. We left at about 11:30 am from the Stewart Farmhouse at Crescent Beach. It got a little choppy going across the Big Strait. About 2 to 3 feet. We got wet from the wind throwing the spray back at us. Arrived at Cabbage Island around 1:00 pm. It was hot and sunny so we sat around on the beach for a little while and dried off. Then off to Boat Passage and through to Ganges on Saltspring Island. The water was like glass and no wind once we got thru Boat Passage. Had lunch at a pub there and wandered around for an hour or so. We then packed up and rode over to Montague Harbor for ice cream. Left there about 5:00 pm and zipped over to Active Pass and waited for a couple of Ferries to go thru so we could play in their wake. That was lots of fun. Then across the Big Strait again. We had suited up in Montague expecting it to be a wet ride across. What a surprise, it was like glass all the way across. As we were getting close to Boundary Bay we noticed a Whale watching boat off in the distance. As we got closer we saw that our way home was blocked by a huge pod of Killer Whales. So we sat and watched them breaching, tail slapping and doing all sorts of stuff. One of them came up and blew about 100 feet from us. That was an amazing sight. After about a half an hour
    they moved on, then we could continue back to the Stewart Farmhouse. We arrived back at the dock at around 7:30 pm. This was a beautiful day for Seadoo cruising. We were all glad we went. The machines ran perfectly, as always. I'll try to post the next time we go out again. Maybe with a little more for-warning. \/

Great story Seadoo-bear. Would have been great to have a camera in hand at that moment. Sounds like you guys had a great trip. I unfortunately have a small tank and soon to be putting on a 13/21 for bottom end performance, so I may be out on the long distance trips. Jmaxy would probably like the trip on his RXP, just needs to get it running (soon).

Thanks for the posting!
    Peter

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

I would have loved to go, but was working and with the short notice, could't book the day off... oh well... next time.

Aaron
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition