Thread: 08 yamaha

Default 08 yamaha

does anyone know how much power the new supercherged yamaha has?

2008 FX SHO Waverunner 1,812cc supercharged over 200hp with regular unleaded fuel

YEAH, BUT HOW MUCH POWER?

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    2008 FX SHO Waverunner 1,812cc supercharged over 200hp with regular unleaded fuel

Alex said 200HP

how else would you want him to say it? more power then a Dodge sx 2.0

PWC
    Sea-Doo GTI

That's a good question, I read on a Yamaha site it's "well over" 200 Hp. People who have bought the bike say it's states 215HP on the paperwork. Real users of the machine clock it out at about 66 MPH with one rider and about 70-72 MPH with two riders. The pump spins at the same rate as the HO and other people have stated this is because if it spun any faster it would cavatate. I’m guessing the extra weight allows for better hook-up.

Now that BRP has addressed the supercharger clutch issue in the 04-06 models the 07 and 08 models are as reliable and faster, if fast is all you need – keep in mine you need premium gas. Unfortunately, BRP build quality does not meet my expectation for the hard earned cash would need to layout, so I personally would chose the Yamaha, also the regular MR-1 is suppose to get 30% better gas mileage at cruising speed. After all, that's why someone would by a cruiser model, comfort and range.