Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWC
    07 Speedster 155

Default Letter from Ministry of Finance in Ontario, they want my PST from 2 1/2 years ago..

WTF....Registered my speedster 2 1/2 years ago, and I just now received a letter from the ministry of finance, and they either want proof I paid tax, or the address of the dealer I paid it to, or to please submit a cheque for the value of the PST. Anybody else have this happen or is this standard practice for the huge delay? Do I have any options?

Internet Meter Maid
    PWC
    the superjet

man that sucks! not yet to me but im sure it'll come, keep us posted on how this goes

PWC
    KAWI X2, GP1200

same thing happened to me. I just ignored the letter and never heard another thing from the ministery.

PWC
    90 X2 750 and 94 X2 650

Had that happen a few times for motorcycles I purchased and sold in the past, even from a dealer. I went back to the dealer and showed it to them, they advised to ignore it and a second one will come, which it did and ignore it as well. Needless to say nothing ever came of any of those letters I recieved

PWC
    07 Speedster 155

So, had you paid the PST at the dealer and this was only a follow up, or did you buy it local and never actually paid the PST? My case is the latter, where I bought it used privately, and obviously no PST was paid.

PWC
    1995 Yamaha SuperJet

I bought a SuperJet toward the end of 2007 and registered it in my name in February of 2008. I asked them at that time if I should expect to get this same letter in mail advising me to send in payment for the PST in relation to the purchase of the SuperJet. I received this notice after registering the last jetski I bought before this, but that was probably back in 2003. The people I spoke to in 2008 said the government was no longer sending out these letters and collecting taxes for purchases of used watercraft because the program wasn't working and wasn't worthwhile for the government because it was too difficult to keep track of. I don't know if it's any different for a "larger" Speedster in comparison to a PWC, but neither any of my friends or myself have had to pay PST for at least the past 3 or 4 years.

Like MRK said, I'd ignore it for the time being. I'm only suggesting this because I thought they phased this program out.

.... watch me now receive this same letter, cuz it was probably around the same time that I bought my SuperJet.

PWC
    1995 Yamaha SuperJet

Well, it's a curse. I just got my letter in the mail today. Bought my SuperJet back in September of 2007 and now they're asking for the same thing. So much for what they told me and that they've phased this program out.

I also received a letter last week telling me to pay back some GST repayment from 2007 in relation to income tax. I think all the government workers must have been slacking off back in 2007. Now they're trying to catch up on things.

PWC
    X2

I'd ignore it.

PWC
    07 Speedster 155

So far I've ignored it. Anyone received any further notices or feedback?

PWC
    KAWI X2, GP1200

its been 6 years since my letter from the ministry and i haven`t heard again from them. i think now they are counting on the border guards to collect the taxes.