PWC
    98 Seadoo SPX, 96 Seadoo SP, 91 Yamaha 650

Default Hi All from Mount Hope, ON

I got into PWC about six years ago, I bought a used 91 Yamaha 650 to see if my sons and I liked it.
    Well......................still have that old Yamaha, punched out to 701 with pipe, head, twin carb set, etc.
    I got a 1998 SPX with a blown motor two years later. Installed a rebuilt motor, plus all sorts of engine and body parts to it.
    The X-4 hull with the 800 was that much fun I ended up buying a 96 XP the following year!
    Did a lot of mods to the motor and body on that machine as well.
    Although I have been involved with PWC for a number of years, I just happened to find this forum and signed up to see what info. I can share and find.
    Last year was terrible for PWC, however, with the heat we have had to date this year, I'm thinking it may be a GREAT year to play!
    Cheers.

PWC
    The Superjet

Welcome to the site!

I assume you ride on Simcoe?

What type of old Yamaha do you have?
    Blackjack/Jetworks-Gord Bush performance-Hatefactory freeride FTW

PWC
    98 Seadoo SPX, 96 Seadoo SP, 91 Yamaha 650

Hey Dirty Yamaha, thanks for the welcome.

I was actually chatting with my sons a few weeks ago about hitting Lake Simcoe this summer.

When I bought the Yamaha, I was renting a cottage up north, when I got the Seadoos that smaller lake became a bit boring! Too flat!

Mount Hope is south of Hamilton, so we now tend to play in Lake Ontario, around the Hamilton/Burlington area and on Lake Erie out of Nanticoke, or Pt. Dover. The bigger lakes and waves are a lot more fun with the Seadoos, but the water can be on the cool side! That's what got me thinking about Simcoe, it would have some nice waves with warmer water temps., something that interests and old guy like me!!!

Oh, that old Yammy is a 91 Waverunner VXR, nothing like the machines you ride, but a great little starter machine.
    Come to think of it, I might have to freshen up that motor this year, so I better start looking for some bits to do that!

PWC
    The Superjet

Im such a Monkey
    I thought you were from Mount Albert and assumed you rode out of Simcoe, thats not even close!

Simcoe is a nice lake for the skis, but only flat water. When there are waves they are choppy as all hell and close together. The best spot for waves would be Wasaga, Sauble or Grand bend, at least thats my experience.

Im not a big fan of the Sea-doos....Very personal experience! Your VXR on the other hand is a GREAT ski. With the mods you have Im sure it moves along pretty good and its gonna run forever!

If you ever feel like riding in either Wasaga or Simcoe let me know!
    Blackjack/Jetworks-Gord Bush performance-Hatefactory freeride FTW

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Welcome to the site! I used to work at the airport there!

Enjoy the waters!
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition