Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

yep yamaha dealer had it in stock, it was for a dirtbike but has the same part number, my dealer doesn't carry any pwc parts. He is still able to get anything yamaha. about the carbs, i have read alot of people using a single 44 on skis but it seems like it could be a limiting factor to a 62t based 701 motor. No matter how many mods you got, it will only flow enough fuel and air to make 80 hp. Going to a modded 46 or bigger carb i could see feasible, this is because if you build up your motor later on the carb still would not be too small. buy the big carb/carbs and take it off the list of how to make hp. it will be good for almost any amount of hp above stock. And then there is the manifolds. If you ran the 44 what manifold would you run? is it the same one i have which is the converted kawi 650 manifold. I was really happy with it on my ski but it probably didn't let my 48mm carb flow as much as it should have. That could be a good thing if my motor is "overcarbed" . No one wants to spend money on a big carb to findout its too much and not needed, but would you rather buy a carb that will work perfect, just not give maximum HP. I would think it is okay to build up the motor with porting and displacement in the future to maximize the carb, especially if it is something you want to eventually build up to.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

thanks on the key.....I should be able to get it through a local auto parts store then (not sure we have a Yamaha dealer if you can believe that).

Yep...single carb intakes is my next investigation....all I've heard is that in almost every case it's a modified intake from some other ski (like your Kawi 650 conversion). No idea what the options are or what's best.

BTW...I assume your 80HP figure is based on no performance mods...just the carb right? I'm saying that because the ski is 73HP stock...and the B pipe alone shyould have pushed me past 80HP right (heard the pipe adds 10-15)?

Cheers

The skis: http://184.69.7.106/clients/bryan/jetski/
    No I'm not one of the fat bastards on the picnic table ;-)

I have only read about 3 intakes for the 62t. the kawi conversion, ATP, and i believe Randy at Watcon has one. I have no clue about the watcon one. The kawi conversion was opened up to 48mm but the tracts were designed for a 650. Then there is ATP. The real solution IMO. What a sweet intake. It was developed for the sole purpose of running a single carb on the 62t. That is why if i was going to do it over i wouldn't of wasted my money on the kawi convesion carb and just got their intake. I would still be running it too. Unfortunalty after i was already running the Kawi Conversion Intake (KCI) i found out about the atp and how people with 900cc motors were running a single 48/49mm carbs with great success. If a single carb is what you want, ATP is the way to go because it will not restrict your carbs's flow even up to 49mm. IMO. lol. Remember this, I know only enough to form an opinion. I have no testing journals of years of testing like group K, Harry knows his stuff, but i would like him to do a write up about all the newest freestyle parts, intakes, carbs, pipes, porting and reeds.... update all of his writings. People are running waaaay difference type of motors today then when he wrote any of his articles.

also i read that the 44mm carb is only capable of flowing enough air/fuel for an engine to produce 80hp, no matter what hp mods you have. that is the main reason i thought you shouldn't put one on, your motor is capable of making more than 80hp but your carb will restrict it from doing so. It will run perfect, crisp, and easy starts bla bla bla but your dual 38's will do the same and allow that pipe to make closer to its maximum hp.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

Well sounds like the ATP intake...no point in messing around ;-)

I probably will go 46 anyways....but of course have to at least listen to what others have to say 1st ;-)

Cheers

yeah really, those manifolds will resale for 300 u.s. if you ever wanted to change, not that i think you would need to with that manifold. I really wish i had gotten one. running a single carb is so clean and easy to install/jet. Have you talked to the ATP guys? they would be able to set you up with it and probably get it jetted very close. i would love to hear what they think about their setup on your ski's list of mods.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

Yep...I chat with Chris (runs Queenford Jetski...the makers of ATP stuff) and the whole UK crew quite a bit....always liked them over US based boards.

These guys are actually helpful instead of telling you that you're a moron for wanting to do xyz to your ski.

BTW...it's www.pwcforums.co.uk/forums look for Big Mik, Bean, Jackal, Hollstein, Sprocket , and Dan Rowjan (think that's most of them).

Cheers

i would like to think that the fellows over there are very innovative and know their stuff. They invent and build all their own stuff instead of using the typical U.S. companies. I wish there were more places in canada that did that. i would give lots of business to them. not enough canadians on superjets! We gotta get more guys on standups.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

You gotter otter....of course us Canucks like to complain....not so good on the action ;-)

well we have a ski shack mould to make carbon fiber bilge pump brakets. Its sweet! lol. Thats about the current extent of our canadian freestyle parts.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet