Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PWC Licensing & Operator Card

Yesterday I purchased my first PWC - as you can imagine I am eager to get out on the water with it as soon as possible. I have a couple of questions that I am hoping someone might have an answer to.

1) What paperwork is needed for me to license my PWC? I have the purchase agreement, with all the pricing, showing paid etc

2) What is the fastest/most effecient way to take the test and get your pleasure craft opertator's card? I have taken a course before, and would want to challenge the test if possible.

3) I really need these before I get in the water correct? There is no loophoel that says I can use my PWC in a small lake under 30kph to test it etc? :P (ha - hope springs eternal)

You can practically see me bouncing up and down waiting to get out on the water

1) I keep a photo copy of my license in a Ziploc bag on the machine.
    2) I did mine online. You print your Temp Card right a way, and get the real one by mail. you can try: theoperatorcard.ca
    3) No Loop Holes. They are very strict on the water. Make sure you have your safety gear, incl. Extinguisher.

Thanks for the suggestion - just completed my testing with them and have the temp card! Also purchased all the safety gear today.

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Is it registered with a K or BC #? That is free from Service Canada.
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

Got it registered from Service Canada with a BC#####

K or BC???? what is that?

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Registration # - all boats need it. Free to get, but mandatory. It used to be a 'K' number, but now it's a BC #.
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC

It took me all of about 3minutes to do. Just dropped into the Langley Service Canada office. Of course the fact that it took me 45minute to find the place kind of off set the speediness of the service

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Now you just have to mark you jet with stickers!
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Ha I have already email JetSkiDetailing about that. GOing to get some custom lettering done for the Reg #, and some custome art work. Thinking something celtic or tribal in black/silver.