Default 96 xp cuts in and out at WOT

96 xp has been cutting out at wide open throttle... I thought It might be getting low on fuel but that wasn't it. I was told by a friend that one of the cylinders might be scorching (locking up) is there any one with the same symptoms that has had a more favorable diagnosis!!!

check your rectifier. it is in the front grey electrical box. it has 3 yellow wires and one red one coming out of it. disconnect the red one and see if it fixes the problem. don't ride too long like that as your battery will not be charging.

have your fuel lines ever been replaced? they may be deteriorating and causing the internal carb filters to clog. try running the ski in reserve (your fuel switch may be clogged too). if this is the case, you might be seizing your engine when it cuts out and you need a carb rebuild.

PWC
    98 SXi Pro

Check your wear ring & impeller for damage. Your probably hitting the rev limiter.

Chester
    4 out of the 5 voices in my head say, pull the trigger!

Chester

hitting the rev limiter will not cause the ski to cut out at wide open throttle.

PWC
    98 SXi Pro

You're right, I misunderstood. If the engine dies at WOT, it's a seizure. If it's an intermittent surge, it could be hitting the rev limiter.

Chester
    4 out of the 5 voices in my head say, pull the trigger!

Chester